Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A new Bloggy Banner and other ramblings

My apologies, this week has been non-stop so far and has left me very little time to sit down and type out a blog post. In any case, I'll ramble a bit and promise you a more put-together post later in the week.

I have been working on a new banner for my blog. Ideally it was supposed to replace the banner on my etsy shop too, but fitting it into a width that is only 100 pixels without cropping out all the awesomeness is a harder challenge than you'd expect. I'm going to have to make another one to work as my etsy banner so you can look forward to that later.

 photo P104sm_zpsa1b5acdc.jpg

It's a lot of layers of screen printing, and I love how it turned out. I made a few new screens that are really more of a texture effect than drawings. It's actually a little brighter in person but I'll have to play with the pictures to try to get that come out a bit more. There also some embroidery on there because so much of what I do has embroidery in it. I did hold back on going too crazy with it though, so as to not overwhelm the already busy design.

Speaking of embroidery, it looks like my year-long love affair with embroidery and my patchwork bags has given me an unpleasant case of carpal tunnel. I have never had it before so when my hands started hurting unexpectedly I wasn't sure what was happening. But sure enough, it is definitely related to all my stitching adventures which breaks my heart...but I won't stop stitching, that's for sure. I just need to take it a little slower, more breaks, and take care of my hands as I've known I had to when I started this whole thing. If I'm a little slower at bag production and the like, this is the reason why.

Later this week I am going to be testing out my skill with some confectionery delights....which should be interesting considering I'm a mess in the kitchen at times. My work does a bake sale every year for our partnership with March of Dimes so I'm going to try my hand at some fancied up rice crispy treats and brownies. I'll be sure to share all my messes and successes with you guys =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...