Saturday, December 1, 2012

Paying IT Forward! And Baggy News

A few months back I got involved in a pay-it-forward ring, in which I agreed to make little pay-it-forward gifts for the first 3 people to respond on my blog agreeing to do the same. I had three people step up (though what happened to one of them I have no idea =/) and in the end I made two little items to send out into the world to them, imbued with a spirit of sharing and creativity and *dare I say it* love. Sappy I know.

I finally finished them about a month ago and into the mail they went. One had to make its way overseas to Australia (hence the delay in posting) but they've both been received now so I can share!

Group shot!

Photobucket

The blue one went to Susan in Australia (check out her blog!). I'm not sure what I was thinking when I was putting this together but I do like the end result. It's sort of steampunky and liberating at the same time. Made from a key, foreign coin, some spare wings, a cog, little gems, and some ink, paint, and pen for good measure. All on a teeny tiny canvas I've had forever.

Photobucket

The orange one went to Rowynn of Copper and Lace. This one picked up the flavors of my rust-lust (hah! I am clever sometimes) and I thought it fit well with the background which I've actually had in my possession for YEARS. I could never bring myself to throw it away and I'm glad I finally found the project to which it belonged to all this time.

Photobucket

In return Rowynn actually sent me her own pay-it-forward project; a beautiful copper wire-wrapped pendant that is simply stunning. I do not claim to have much talent in wire-wrapping at all so this is amazing to look at. What I love most about it is that it is not any one thing specifically to me. It's a tree, it's a vine, it's the tangled web of life. Beautiful. Thank you Rowynn!! Check out her blog, she showcases a lot more work like this and will be selling it as well =)

Photobucket


And just as a last note aside, I made a full-sized Harry Potter bag and put it in my shop for sale! It is not made for anyone, totally up for grabs, in case you're looking for an awesome gift for the HP fanatic in your life. Go get it here!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...